Thursday, July 1, 2010

Brenda's Photo Challenge-Freedom

I think of freedom when I am at one with nature. I can stay in a particular frame of mind that makes me unaware of anything else but the area I am enjoying. I find true happiness when I am out that makes me extremely satisfied with the freedom I am experiencing. Enjoy your freedom this weekend and celebrate our independence over the fourth.

Two fawns share their freedom that their mother allows after coming out from the safety of the woods behind them. Usually there is hardly a sound , maybe a snort or a pacing of her front legs that makes the fawns aware of any danger.

The sun sets spreading it's happiness all across the lake and beyond. I race for a good spot to capture this moment, feeling free to pursue another day.


A Widow Skimmer sits over remnants of it's last meal, feeling free to look for more to eat.
.
.
.
.
.
Just who are we
When we set ourselves free
Of all cares in this world.

16 comments:

  1. So true, nothing can take my mind off my troubles faster than spending time in nature and nothing can depress me worse than a lack of it.
    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts and photos. I especially like your final query.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I certainly agree with you.I require time in or watching Nature to stay centered and balanced.

    Thumps-up on the photos and post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful deer's...very good last question..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. There's nothing quite like being in the great outdoors taking in all the sights and sounds to give one a sense of freedom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww...!!! I LOVE the deer! I can almost hear the quietness of the scene as Well!
    All the shots are Great!! Well Done!!
    Happy weekend to you!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shots for our Freedom challenge! Perfectly calming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaww, cute deer photo! And I whole-heartedly agree with the freedom feeling while immersed in nature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots, I love the deer! And yikes on the skunk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All such great shots! I Love the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are really young fawns! I love the widow skimmer... probably because that is such a hard shot to get.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with your idea of freedom as well. Beautiful pictures you have on your blog and loved your skunk story hehe. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures. Nature does signify freedom. Love the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you to all who joined in on this.Today I will entertain a young man who just got back from Afganistan, so will look forward to hearing his stories, and watching fireworks.When I shoot I often think of those who can't enjoy the free spirited life I enjoy. I have a state park site I share my photos with people who can't get out or maybe never have been in Iowa.When I started this idea we were still shooting slides, but as all funding goes it was shelved for many years.I gave all my slides to a school who has a small prairie.Now I have digital to help me share the wonders I find in nature and enjoy speaking to any group to share .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I love your freedom nature shots! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!