Thursday, June 3, 2010

Prairie Story 17-Love On The Prairie

A bullfrog croaks to the splash of a heron. As much as I like my prairie I also love being on the water. Water has been on this planet for centuries, passing each and every being in nature. It carries many thoughts and stories, happy and sad, that have occurred on this planet. Often I just like to listen to the sounds it carries, offering me wisdom and relaxation.

Frogs are fun to stalk with a camera while I glide in my kayak. If I get close I feel a part of their lives and try to understand their simple thinking.


Imagine a creature that has lived on this planet for over 250 million years.


A muskrat is unaware of any peril to exist with my presence.


Do the various creatures converse, do they carry over a history? Maybe it is our vivid imagination that gives them this anthropomorphic semblance to our lives.



This Northern Water Snake doesn't realize it is endangered in many areas. It is more likely hoping to catch food and exist as it can independently.


A beautiful trout stream always calls to me, I explore it's borders looking for that precious hole that may contain a meal and the excitement I feel when fishing. I used to carry a broken pocket watch I found to tell me when it was time to go home.


Even when the sun begins to set, I want to stay out and enjoy where I am at, a delightful end of a great day. Many times I have fumbled my way through the dark, forgetting how hard it can be to find my way back to my home or campsite.


So which way should we go frog, tell us how you have lasted so long.
:)
...
...
...
:)
...
...
...
Why was this relationship any different, he had many under his belt. Part of his problem was being too selfish to fully understand what was needed to live forever. Do we ever learn, or just keep on trying? Seemingly we become too complex in our lives to even understand who we are. With the American Dream we are forced into what we want to be, and lose track of who we really are. How do we find out, and why can’t we ever decide? Sometimes this wisdom is right under our nose, and we never realize how to interpret it, and become even more oblivious to the real world.

Our pathway is one that we may be destined to never change, a path that is written in the stars. It is human nature that mixes us up; we mimic others and forget who we really are. This sometimes works and gives us the continuum we feel is worthwhile to live for. Many philosophers have argued our worth as a mortal being, against what is in store for us in a later life. Does it matter if we feel we have happiness? It has to do with feeling happiness versus understanding happiness. With our mimicry of others we often get lost in a false and rather dismal vision of happiness, lost our entire lives. So how was he thinking, with his mind or his needs to mimic society?

He thought with his heart and soul. When the sun rose in the morning he asked her what he should do, and she said follow your heart. At night he asked the stars, he asked the moon, what was right for his life. This was it, she warmed his heart, and set his soul soaring to boundaries he had never approached. When they parted he found out his heart felt like it was being rung out. He could not leave her off his mind. Everything he said or did had a part of her in it. He could always see her smile, the look in her eyes, she was the most beautiful lady in the world. They could hold up hands at night and imagine the touch, the feel of each other. When they were together they understood how close they had been in each other’s lives, having been yet so far away. Their thoughts and comments were often synchronized, with an innate sense of need to share the same thoughts and emotions. It was a story, written in the stars, carried on a prairie breeze.
.
.
When I dream
I miss your flowers
And eternal beauty.







11 comments:

  1. I like the way your pictures and their story merged so well with the thoughtful story afterward. It made me begin thinking of existence and what will happen in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ratty. Totally agree. Those are some awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly a thought-provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story, though written in the stars, is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos and words - and thank you for visiting my blog too. The boat in my pic is just someone's private boat. There used to be a water bus service but I don't think it operates any more. People can hire boats for holidays though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Those Hoppies know English if you'll listen to them with a child's ears. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is just something about seeing creatures as you have so eloquently displayed that ground us withing nature. Your photo and words so passionately express this fact. The story teaches to live by the rule of your heart and everything else falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your blog very much. Bearing witness to life around us is so important. Great photo as well.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!