Monday, June 14, 2010

GONE FISHING

Rolling hills in NE Iowa are often referred to as Little Switzerland.



58 streams run through 7 counties with cold water that support trout.




My cabin is simple on the edge of a cliff 100 ft. over a small lake.



Family matters!




This is almost a rain forest, I've been in a rain suit for 3 days.











Major centipede,about 6 inches long!












Yes there are major hills in this part of NE Iowa.







Its a balanced rock.








Hand fulls of trout for every meal.

.

.

.

.

After driving about 20 minutes to the nearest library in Strawberry Point, I still have slow Internet. Phone service is only in parts of where I am at, of course I never turn it on unless I need to call for something.Yesterday was a strawberry fest so I satisfied my sweet tooth eating ice cream and strawberries for free, over and over again . The day before I went to a festival in St. Olaf eating lunch for a contribution at the fire station. Everyone there felt I should live there to give some semblance of population to this once thriving town. Be here for another 5 days, hope to see you soon!!









9 comments:

  1. I have to catch up on previous posts, you've some beautiful pictures to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks just beautiful there. How cool that you got all that ice cream and strawberries for free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sure looks like paradise! And free strawberry ice cream to boot - wow! Hope you have a wonderful trip. Love that balanced rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the smile on your face while holding those nice trout...you must be truly enjoying your fishing trip. :) Your simple cabin was a good choice instead of a tent with all that rain.

    Good food, nice people, beautiful surroundings...you are in paradise! Oh...dial-up isn't fun. Thanks for waiting that out to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time you go fishing to that beautiful place, give me a call.
    Its like a dream to be there.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed at the beautiful parts of the world hidden away until we read about it on a blog. Sounds and looks like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 58 streams through 7 counties, wow. I like your family matters shot and trout at every meal? You can't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Texas!
    http://www.brendaphotochallenge.blogspot.com
    SO glad you've signed up for the Challenge Bedtime! Don't forget, they're due this Saturday...Can't wait to see your photos!
    Have a great day...Like your blog! Great photos!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) good capture..i live to fish in the rivers..is much more exciting..regards

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!