Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day

A fun weekend to enjoy for many, a chance to relive the past. We all maintain a tradition, savoring this moment until the last.

Don't catch that tree while fishing, as many people will do. Is it a part of learning, what life has in store for you?

Take that hike, or find a treasure or something fun to do. There is always something in nature that is new to you.


Stop and smell that flower, but don't inhale that bug. Talk to someone you can enjoy, sharing a thoughtful hug.


This is a day to celebrate the living, but many share it with the dead. People who have been a part of our lives, happy memories swirl in our head.



When it is all over, I will look forward to the next time. When I can can share some beauty with all of you, and a bit of silly rhyme.
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS CARRIED ON A GENTLE PRAIRIE BREEZE




9 comments:

  1. nice rhymes...cool photos
    i like the one with the feather...shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful words..beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, very nice rhymes and beautiful photos, hope you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics and the poem. I have caught a few trees while fishing. Is that a snail shell next to the feather? Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We won't know what to expect if we go to the Nature; it involves a lot of surprises and good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pictures and poem. I'll be sure to take some time to smell the flowers but I will be extra careful about inhaling the bugs :) Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun post. I really like the rhymes. The part about catching the tree while fishing sticks in my mind. I took some pictures about a week ago of half a dozen bobbers hanging from a tree. I've watched them multiply over the last several weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the input, I had fun visiting the bobber tree again seeing it decorated with more lost tackle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this. Inspiring and fun verse to meld with those wonderful photos. Believe me I never get close enough to inhale any of the insect species :D

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!