Friday, April 16, 2010

Making life renewed



We often forget what we are here to really do in our lives. I can tell you less than a percent of prairie exists when a over century ago before European people settled this area it was a vast ocean of grasses and plants. Wildlife was abundant and massive herds of grazers moved like clouds across the sky.You could stop and drink from a stream, not worrying about contaminants it contained.Many people saw this as the best place to live and came in herds just like the grazers. Wanting to make this a better place to live we forgot about what was here before us, and replaced this land with constant change.What took eons to form only took decades to destroy.When it was done we forgot how to replenish the earth and let its beauty waste away.Now we open up our eyes, at least a few of us, looking at restoring what our predecessors took away.My family came four generations ago and homesteaded SE Nebraska. These people and their neighbors were not usually farmers, but tried to become one.Instead many went back to what they had done before and our cities grew.The farms are what let these communities prosper but at what costs?Another thing we wanted was a better life and at what cost have we given to try for this. We used to have a strong families and a beautiful land. Both have lost their way trying to make things better. So is this really a better life?It is if we make it that way, starting by helping everyone around us.We need to give our time and money to help restore our planet or there won't be anything left to replenish.It all starts with you and by increasing your potential to help our world. Simple things are easy to do like recycling, volunteering and spreading some of your wealth.Wealth can be knowledge, abilities and money. Here you are a wealthy person and you didn't know it. We all have a mind and a spirit inside of us, we just need to use it at it's full potential. Get out and enjoy the outdoors, look at what you may have been missing.If you have found this you have the world at your fingertips to explore where you can help or offer support on the Internet. Start small and work up to larger areas. There are a huge group of conservation and restoration agencies to give your support to.If you are part of a family enjoy this as a family. If you aren't become part of one with others. I really enjoy taking part in a variety of educational programs offered by county, state and federal agencies in the area around me.Some I listen to and others I offer my help You may be amazed at what you are missing by not taking an interest. Many of us say , "I always wanted to do that." It can't become reality if you keep saying it and don't get involved.I will share some stories I have written about this human experience on our prairie. I have interviewed hundreds of people to find what made their lives grow and change in our world. If you haven't been on the prairie look it up to see how large of area is enveloped by the land that once was.You could be living in it and not be aware of it, and this is sad.When I go out into nature I find a strength that keeps beckoning me back. It always is changing and I enjoy looking for even the smallest change. My camera gives me a record of where I have been.It is through my writings that I can offer you wealth beyond all expectation. All of this wealth and experience will come to you, on a gentle prairie breeze.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Blogging! I will look forward to each future post. You have so much to share and teach us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, now to gather a larger flock to share with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh... I love this! "Wealth can be knowledge, abilities and money. Here you are a wealthy person and you didn't know it. We all have a mind and a spirit inside of us, we just need to use it at it's full potential. Get out and enjoy the outdoors, look at what you may have been missing.If you have found this you have the world at your fingertips to explore where you can help or offer support on the Internet. Start small and work up to larger areas." I LOVE THIS - and so much more, but I can't paste it all here in the comment section; besides you already have it. ;)

    Thank you for writing! And YOU are definitely wealthy (I'm feeling wealthy not, too); thanks for sharing your wealth! :D
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!